Why You Should Never Use a Low Calorie Diet

In this video you’ll learn why you should never use a low calorie diet. I explain why low calorie diets are unhealthy and also why they won’t help you lose weight over the longer term.

The healthy way to lose weight and by far the most successful way is to use quality exercise and eat healthily. It’s all about losing your weight once and never having to worry about your weight again.

This entry was posted in Videos, Weight Loss and tagged , , , ,

6 Responses to Why You Should Never Use a Low Calorie Diet

1. silvana says:

James, you’re advice and reccomendations are top quality and have been a real motivation for me. Well done and keep it up.

2. anne peters says:

Like your articles. I am really running a lot and I love it.

3. Chris Mercier says:

James,
    I am SO pleased with my 9 pound weight loss since I began running. It took forever to lose at first….then it started coming off pretty quickly. I was running 3 miles every other day, but recently have booted it up to running 3 miles one day…then 2 miles the next and so on….I’d like to know if it’s a bad thing or a good thing to run every day now? Will I hurt my muscles by doing that? I’m planning to run my first 5K with my 35 yr old daughter and 8 yr old grandson in 3 weeks, and want to be in top form. Am I going about it the right way…….and is my running every day going to keep my weight loss going? I am 130 lbs now and want to be 124 by the time I run the 5K.

I am a VERY healthy eater, have cut out sugar pretty much entirely, and feel wonderful. Would love your input on my running every day and my weight loss goal. Many thanks!

Well done with the weight loss so far Chris, you’re doing well.

You can run most days of the week if you like but it’s best to build up your running gradually. So rather than going from maybe 3 days running straight to 6 days, you’re better off building it up slower. This gives you less risk of injury.

Running more often is likely to help keep your weight loss going because when you keep improving your fitness and running ability it only helps.

Keep it up Chris, and I hope you enjoy your 5k.

4. veronica says:

I have been running for a year now but most days I’m fatigued and can’t seem to even get to 3 miles. I thought I would improve by now. I’m 50 and I run 1.5 miles on Monday, 2 miles on Wednesday, and 3 miles on Saturday but find I have to stop and walk occassionally. Am I not running enough during the week? I try to eat right but maybe I’m not getting enough calories for energy. Any suggestions?

5. Fiona says:

Thanks James for more great advice. I have got my first 10k on Sunday and have been persuaded by a running friend to do the Lake Vyrnwy half marathon in September so I will need lots of advice on high energy food in readiness for that.

Glad to see the rain has stopped.